While doing research on mongooses in Madagascar, I ran into the constant
problem of finding particularly masochistic birds locked in my traps, their
faces mangled from smashing their heads into the metal bars in a bird-like
effort to escape. Not every animal is blessed with a mammal's common sense.
I don't know how it would be possible, but can a trap be made that allows
for viewing the interior without utilizing something so potentially abrasive
as a metal-bar exterior?

jamie kass