A large part of Sonia Altizer's work uses monarchs and their parasites as a
model system for host-parasite coevolution in general. (For example, why
don't parasites always evolve to become harmless if their existence depends
on their hosts?) This, of course, includes human pathogens. So, even if one
does not care at all about monarch butterflies, this research has direct
relevance to human well-being.

Jane Shevtsov

--
Jane Shevtsov

"Political power comes out of the look in people's eyes." --Kim Stanley
Robinson, _Blue Mars_