Thats why Obama's "google for government" bill is such a great idea. Right
now there is absolutely no transparency and we have a right to know how and
where tax money is being spent, how much is "unaccounted for", etc...  I'd
wager that the public would be a hell of a lot angrier to know how much
money goes to people and companies that have an inside relationship with
Washington or congresspeople, or to projects like the much-cited bridge to
nowhere, than money going to scientific research, no matter what the
research is on. Does anyone actually believe that science is what's driving
up the national debt? Maybe some people do and that's why a website to trace
federal spending is a good idea.

I think the government google bill was passed, so hopefully someday soon it
will be a useful website and provide some real information to anyone who is
interested.

-Ruth