Hello,
We have updated information regarding this job opening, which we would
appreciate it if you were to post on Ecolog.  Thanks

Thanks very much,
Sue

Post doc/Project Manager position available:  U.S. Geological Survey
(USGS), Canyonlands Research Station, Moab, UT is seeking an
Ecologist/Project Manager to study how changes in soil moisture and
temperature will affect the physiological ecology of plants and biological
soil crusts, soil stability and nutrient cycling in SE Utah using warming
lamps and rainout shelters. Major duties include taking plant, biological
soil crust, and soil measures and analyzing this and micro-met data to
document how species and functional groups respond to alterations in
temperature and soil moisture.  These results will be used to model likely
future changes in cover for the dominant plant communities in this region;
summarizing research results for distribution/communication to a general
audience; and reporting research results as high quality, peer-review
publications.

This is a one year, TERM, full-time appointment, GS-9, starting at $45,040
year, plus full benefits.  Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.   Interested
parties please apply at www.usajobs.gov, to position WR-2009-0147 by Jan
15, 2009.
Sue Phillips
USGS- Southwest Biological Science Center
Canyonlands Research Station
2290 S.W. Resource Blvd
Moab, UT 84532
Phone: (435) 719-2337; FAX: (435) 719-2350
Email: sue_phill...@usgs.gov