Colleagues,

Biology/ecology could adopt a model like the physicists and develop an electronic preprint archive like arXiv (http://arxiv.org/). This provides a way to share research results and ideas -- even those that have been peer reviewed -- in a moderated fashion without violating copyrights (as far as I know). For those of us working in quantitative biology/ecology there is already a "quantitative biology" subsection available.

Stuart

Stuart Borrett
Systems Ecology and Ecoinformatics Laboratory
Univeirsty of North Carolina Wilmington
borre...@uncw.edu
http://people.uncw.edu/borretts/