My apologies Malcolm for being unaware of the extent of HCB and it's ranking.. that's terrific.

I do think you make a key point that the "there are not enough people out there who want [ or I would add are able w. their already busy jobs] to do the work...."

David--thanks for your update on the status of TIEE.. that is definitely encouraging! I think, apart for what still seem to be notable exceptions like HCB, it is really difficult to run a top quality journal strictly on volunteer efforts. That it does happen sometimes, makes those cases all the more impressive. Enough said perhaps as we will not all agree on any particular circumstance, but I hope that the ESA committee process in August and this fall identifies a good resolution for this.

Best to all

Susan