*Plant Physiological Ecology or Plant Evolutionary Physiology*

I am seeking a postdoctoral research associate who is broadly interested in
the physiology and evolution of plant-fungal interactions and/or the
ecological and evolutionary effects of invasive species on the physiological
ecology of native species. The successful applicant will contribute to
studies of the physiological basis of plant responsiveness to arbuscular
mycorrhizal fungi and how the evolution of plant function is affected by
invasive species and/or climate change factors that disrupt the plant-fungal
symbiosis. There will also be opportunities to develop collaborative
research in related areas. Responsibilities include designing greenhouse,
growth chamber and field studies, data collection, data analysis, manuscript
preparation and mentoring undergraduate and high school students in
research. Applicants must have (or be close to finishing) a Ph.D. in
physiological ecology, evolutionary ecology, plant biology or a related
field, should have experience working in field and controlled environments
and publishing manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals. Experience working
with arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi and/or in phylogenetic ecology or
ecological genetics would be an asset. Funding is available for two years,
salary is commensurate with experience, and the start date is flexible. To
apply, please send a cover letter explaining your interest in and match for
the position, a CV, and the names and contact information for three referees
to Hafiz Maherali (maher...@uoguelph.ca), Department of Integrative Biology,
University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1, Canada. Please feel free to
email me at the above address if you have questions about the position.
Review of applications will begin September 15th, 2009 and continue until
the position is filled.

I will be at the upcoming ESA meetings in Albuquerque and am happy to meet
with interested candidates.  Please contact me via email to set up a meeting
time.

--------
Hafiz Maherali