From: Ecological Society of America: grants, jobs, news
[mailto:ecolo...@listserv.umd.edu] On Behalf Of Christopher A. Lepczyk
Sent: Friday, 04 September, 2009 13:17
To: ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU
Subject: [ECOLOG-L] Seminal books and papers in Conservation and Natural
Resources

Good Morning,
I am developing a new graduate course focused on foundational literature
in the fields of conservation and natural resources.  While I have a
long list of titles already, I am interested in hearing from other
professionals and graduate students on what key papers and books you
would define in these fields.  They need not be strictly academic.  For
instance, such titles could include Silent Spring, A Sand County
Almanac, Life and Death of a Salt Marsh, The Population Bomb, Adaptive
Management or Renewable Resources, Tragedy of the Commons, etc.  I look
forward to your thoughts.
Aloha,
Chris

Christopher A. Lepczyk
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Natural Resources and Environmental Management
University of Hawaii at Manoa