I am interested in quantifying and documenting the occurrence of outbreaks
of NATIVE phytophagous insects in NATURAL tropical habitats, particularly
tropical forests.  These occurrences could be personal observations,
published articles, references in early forestry journals, references in the
“grey" literature, edited volumes, or abstracts of talks or posters.  I am
not interested in outbreaks in tropical pastures or plantations but only in
"natural" vegetation of any type.  Any help would be great appreciated and
fully acknowledged.  Please respond via ecolog or to me at w...@pitt.edu.