> I was wondering if any of you would have some suggestion on books or texts
> providing tips on how
> to improve scientific writing. I have read George Gopen’s book (The sense
> of structure, writing from
> the reader's perspective; 2004, Pearson Longman editors) and recommend it,
> but I would like to
> know if there are any other good references out there.

My favorite is Clear and Simple As the Truth by Thomas and Turner.  It's not
about science writing per se, but they offer excellent advice for writing
simply about complicated ideas.

I also like:

A Short Guide to Writing About Biology by Jan Pechenik
Style: Towards Clarity and Grace by Joseph Williams
The Craft of Scientific Writing by Michael Alley
The Craft of Editing by Michael Alley
Writing with Power by Peter Elbow

Hope that helps!
--Sarah