We seek a motivated undergraduate student to implement an independent
research project examining the belowground responses of native prairie
vegetation due to experimental manipulations of rainfall.  Research will
involve a combination of lab and field experiments, and will include travel
to two grassland study sites.  Research sites located at the Shortgrass
Steppe Long Term Ecological Research (LTER) site near Ft. Collins, CO, and
the mixed grass prairie near Hays, KS.  REU student will work closely with a
PhD student to develop their research project.

Additional information on the REU program is available at
http://sgs.cnr.colostate.edu/education_ug_g.aspx

Research will occur mid-late May- early August 2010. Dates somewhat
flexible, but experience involves at least 10 weeks of full time (40-45
hours/week) work. Stipend of $1,200 per month plus allowance for travel to
field sites and a professional meeting to present research are
included.  Housing
may be available at the Shortgrass Steppe LTER site, or we can help you find
housing in Fort Collins, CO.

*For more information or to apply for the position*, contact Kerry Byrne (
kmby...@rams.colostate.edu).  To apply for position, please send a CV or
resume with contact information for 2 references, a one page letter of
interest, a copy of your most current transcript (unofficial is fine).
 Applications
will be reviewed immediately until a suitable candidate is found.