Hi,
The National Geographic series Strange Days on Planet Earth has some good
segments--in particular the episode on trophic cascades would be good for
population biology.  They specifically talk about a dam project in South
America that flooded a hilly rainforest, leaving behind isolated islands
that were formerly hilltops.  Most of the predators swam away to the
mainland, but lots of other animals took refuge on the islands, creating
extremely dense populations.  The absence of predators allowed herbivores to
run rampant, defoliating entire islands.  They also talk about the trophic
cascade of wolf-elk-riparian vegetation in Yellowstone.

I believe there's also a PBS or National Geographic series on human
population biology, though I cannot recall the title just now...I think if
you search Google Video you can watch clips of these things.

hth,
Sarah
Sarah K Berke
Postdoctoral Scholar