From: Ecological Society of America: grants, jobs, news
[mailto:ecolo...@listserv.umd.edu] On Behalf Of Beth Buczynski
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:51 PM
To: ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU
Subject: Re: [ECOLOG-L] worlds authorities in sustainable ag/meat/ag ecology

I would have to strongly disagree with the opinon that Monsanto or any biotech
company cares at all about sustainable agriculture (meaning good for people,
and able to be replicated again and again without harm to the environment).
Those who are championing the return of small, local, organic farmers (think
Michael Pollan, Joel Salatin, and others) are the true leaders when it comes to
creating a sustainable food supply for future generations.

Food for thought: "Biotechnology Will Feed the World" and Other
Myths<http://www.vegsource.com/articles/gmo_feed_myth.htm>

--
Beth Buczynski, M.S.
Copywriter/Environmental Blogger