Contact: Jeff George jeff.geo...@seaturtleinc.org
WWW Link: http://www.seaturtleinc.org
Period
March 2011 - August 2011 or May 2011 - August 2011
Location
South Padre Island, Texas
Background Information
Sea Turtle, Inc. is non-profit sea turtle rescue center located on South Padre
Island, Texas. We have been in operation since 1977 and our mission is to
rescue, rehabilitate and release sick and injured sea turtles, educate the
public about marine turtles and to assist in conservation efforts of sea
turtles
here in Texas and around the world.

Duties
Interns will rotate through various assignments. Internships are very hands-on
after the student receives adequate training. Duties assigned are as follows:
Public education, medical triage and administering medicines, field
conservation—completing ATV patrols to spot nests and nesting activity, corral
duty from 9pm to 7am monitoring protected nests.
Requirements
Interns should be studying a biological or conservation discipline or have just
completed a related degree. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, be
US
citizen or have work documentation to work in the US, with passport. Applicants
should be comfortable with the public and also living and working in remote
areas.
Benefits/Costs
A daily stipend will be provided along with housing
Please contact Jeff George at jeff.geo...@seaturtleinc.org if interested.