Ph.D. Graduate Research Assistantship

Department of Biological Sciences, Louisiana State University

Position available for the Fall of 2011 in the laboratory of Dr. Jim
Cronin (http://www.biology.lsu.edu/webfac/jcronin/biograph/index.htm).

Research is in the area of PREDATOR-PREY POPULATION DYNAMICS.
Specifically, the project focuses on age (stage) structure, differential
vulnerability of prey life stages, and variability in development times
of life stages on predator-prey stability. The focal organisms for this
project are the cowpea weevil Callosobruchus maculatus and its
parasitoid Anisopteromalus calandrae. Details regarding this project are
available at
http://www.biology.lsu.edu/webfac/jcronin/biograph/research/devtime.htm.

Graduate assistantship is funded by the National Science Foundation. In
addition to an annual stipend of $23,250, the assistantship includes a
tuition waiver and health benefits.

If you are interested in joining my laboratory, please send me an email
(jcro...@lsu.edu). Include with the message a CV containing a brief
summary of accomplishments (educational background, GPA, GRE scores, and
academic major if applicable) and a statement of potential research
interests.

*******************************

Richard D. Stevens

Assistant Professor