Ph.D. Graduate Research Assistantship

Department of Biological Sciences, Louisiana State University

Position available for the Fall of 2011 in the laboratory of Dr. Jim
Cronin (http://www.biology.lsu.edu/webfac/jcronin/biograph/index.htm).

Research is in the area of INVASIVE SPECIES ECOLOGY/EVOLUTION.
Specifically, the project focuses the evolution of latitudinal gradients
in the interactions between an invasive plant species (Phragmites
australis) and its suite of insect herbivores. The work will be based in
Baton Rouge, Louisiana but will also involve much travel along the
Atlantic coasts of North America and Europe/Northern Africa. Details
regarding this project are available at
http://www.biology.lsu.edu/webfac/jcronin/biograph/research/invasive3.ht
m.

Graduate assistantship is funded by the National Science Foundation. In
addition to an annual stipend of $21,000, the assistantship includes a
tuition waiver and health benefits.

If you are interested in joining my laboratory, please send me an email
(jcro...@lsu.edu). Include with the message a CV containing a brief
summary of accomplishments (educational background, GPA, GRE scores, and
academic major if applicable) and a statement of potential research
interests.

*******************************

Richard D. Stevens

Assistant Professor