I recently (less than 1 year) switched from EndNote to Bookends, and I am
very pleased with this program. I got sick of the $99 upgrade that is always
levied with EndNote users with each new iteration of MS Word. For Bookends,
it's ready to go with Word 2011, there is a pretty large support community,
and the developer is really on the ball and responsive to questions and
suggestions. There are some nice features for organizing and maintaining
reference libraries across different Macs as well as a simple webserver
interface if you want to start sharing references. You can download an
evaluation copy and give it a try: http://www.sonnysoftware.com/

Best,
Mark Warner