To: <ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU>
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 8:54 AM
Subject: Re: [ECOLOG-L] growing oaks from acorns

To Dr. David Anderson and all,

Please see trademarked program of The Land Conservancy of McHenry County,

³Project Quercus² and ³Third Generation Oak Fund² at
<http://www.conservemc.org/what-we-do/oak-conservation-project-quercus.html>

--a unique and successful community based oak regeneration project in
northern Illinois.

I am propagator for Glacier Oaks Nursery, actively involved in preserving,
propagating and planting oaks for more than 25 years.  We collect locally,
propagate and grow in air-pruning containers and plant out successfully
small oak seedlings for this program.

There are multiple methods used in the trade today to overcome many of the
oak growing and transplanting difficulties, some have been addressed in the
answers to your original post.

Please feel free to give me a call or send an email to my address below if
you have any further questions after looking at the above-mentioned website.
By the way, I¹m from the west too (Montana, Glacier National Park)!

Sincerely,

Mary Tree McClelland
Horticulturist & Propagator
B.S. Biology, M.S. Horticulture

Glacier Oaks Nursery
8216 White Oaks Rd
Harvard IL, 60033
Phone (815) 482-7404   Fax (815)-943-3511
Email    gonati...@owc.net  or mtr...@owc.net
http://www.glacieroaksnursery.com/ (not very up to date here, been busy
propagating instead!)

-----