"with" was the term I was concerned about. Another very intriguing term: "mentorship".... hm... :)

Your point is well taken, that it is yet to be seen what impact this might or might not have on younger scientists compared to the former policy. Though, with the problems I mentioned before, I think those making these policies should be very mindful of this, because we're already losing a whole generation of scientists - and like any species near extinction, any little thing can wipe it out all together!