I am writing this email if
anyone interested in my researc
Dear All,

I am writing this email if
anyone interested in my research experience to work on any related project
during
summer. I am a lawful permanent resident in US, currently working at Bangor
University, UK.  I am coming to US and during my stay between May and September
would like to work with scientist like you to gain more knowledge.  I will also
keep applying to get postdoctoral
research and tenure-track position to work and continue living there. (For now I
can accept ANY summer position you may offer me)

My research interests and experience span
a wide range of topics from Forest ecology to landscape ecology and
species-level response to fragmentation. More specifically there are two focus
areas of my work: (1) Modeling landscape pattern
change both in composition and configuration, using remote sensing data, GIS
and spatial statistics, 2) Vegetation inventory and analysis, and to
investigate response of plant species composition and stand structure to
fragmentation
and within-habitat disturbance.

 I am very good at ecological sampling, vegetation data collection and analyses.

I have the
following knowledge and skills.
·         Scientific data analysis and interpretation
using ecological software e.g. PcOrd/ TwinSpan, QED statistics
(http://www.qedstatistics.com/), Primer,
PAST(www.nhm.uio.no/norges/past/download.html)and EstimateS

·         Modeling the distribution of plant species
along climate, environmental and disturbance gradient using CCA, PCA, NMDS
available in Environmental Community Analyses Package IV
(CAP4)(www.piscesconservation.com/shop/acatalog/ps-stats.html)
·         Analysis of differences in species
composition between sites as well as within sites using Analysis of Similarity
(ANOSIM)  and Similarity percentage (SIMPER)
described by Clarke (1993)  and available  in CAP4
·         GIS, I have:
§  Demonstrated experience working with GIS
applications in natural resource management and digital cartography
§  Demonstrated knowledge of Arc GIS 9.3 and
extensions
§  Use of GPS and Geodata development
§  Use of symbols and labels to understand the
data
§  Work with edit tools to create and clean the
data, perform basic analysis, and create finished map

·         Digital Image processing using ERDAS
§  I am very good at image processing using
both supervised and unsupervised  classification technique
·         Patch
Analyst (4) -Arc GIS extension.
§  I use Patch Analyst to analyse landscape pattern, habitat modeling for
biodiversity conservation and forest management.
§  I use to quantify patches size, shape, connectivity, core area,
fractal dimension and edge density.
·         Global Mapper
§  I use Global Mapper
for distance and area calculation, elevation querying, contour generation from
surface data, water shade delineation and
etc.
·         Surfer 8 (a contouring
and 3D surface mapping program)
§  I use Surfer to
convert data into contour, 3D surface, 3D wireframe, vector, image, shaded
relief
(see more at http://www.ssg-surfer.com what Surfer is doing).

·         Plant collection and
identification
§  I collect plant
specimen using herbarium standard (give botanical description of plants
including locality, habitat types, altitude, latitude and longitude. If you
would like, I can also mount the collections on herbarium paper with a label
§  I identify plants using
botanical keys and field guides,
·         I am also very good
at mentoring students
§  I have gained a very
good knowledge in mentoring both graduate and undergraduate students in forest
ecology, landscape ecology and field practical

If anyone need more information or interested in my experience, please
send me an email to my personal address (rober...@yahoo.com or
afp...@bangor.ac.uk)

Yours faithfully

Daye