Hello Ecologgers,

I am a senior in environmental science and management at the University of
Rhode Island graduating in May. I have not applied to any graduate programs
yet as I plan to take some time off before continuing my academic career,
but I have applied to a number of temporary and permanent field positions
and internships. I spent the first half of my undergraduate program as a
chemical engineering major and therefore have a strong computational
background. Studying in fields such as hydrology and land use has sparked
an interest to pursue a job/internship that combines environmental science
with engineering. I have work/academic experience both in conducting
scientific research and in construction. Specifically, if anyone could
offer any advice or contacts as to where to find opportunities in low
impact development, renewable/clean energy development, or passive
solar/geothermal development, it would be greatly appreciated by someone
eager to make his next career move. For anyone interested I would be glad
to provide a resume complete with cover letter and references.

Thanks,

Joshua Burgoyne
University of Rhode Island