On behalf of a colleague of mine...
The Max Planck Research Group "Modeling the Evolution of Aging" within the Max
Planck Institute for Demographic Research (MPIDR) in Rostock, Germany is
seeking to increase its international team by 2-4 post docs with a strongly
quantitative, preferably interdisciplinary background, who are excited about
shedding light on the fundamental causes of why we age.
The main work of the successful candidate will be quantitative modeling. Please
visit our website for details about our research program:
http://www.demogr.mpg.de/en/laboratories/modeling_the_evolution_of_aging_1494/default.htm
Specifically, expertise in some of the following areas would be desirable:
*       Life history biology,
*       Optimization theory,
*       Mathematical demography,
*       Heterogeneity theory,
*       Stochastic population modeling,
*       Population ecology and evolution ,
*       Epidemiology,

        Candidates should be curious, creative, open-minded, independent team
workers and need to have
*       Background or burning interest in research on aging,
*       Experience in developing theoretical models,
*       Programming skills.
*       Proficiency in English, written and spoken,
*       Publications in peer-reviewed journals,

The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more handicapped individuals
and especially encourages them to apply. The MPS also wishes to increase the
share of women in areas where they are underrepresented, and strongly
encourages women to apply.
Please send your application by e-mail to Dr. Annette Baudisch, Head of the
Research Group on Modeling the Evolution of Aging, at
appl-irg...@demogr.mpg.de. PDF files are preferred. Please indicate in your
aplication letter to which research area of our group you see yourself
contributing.

--
"Aliud iter ad prosperitatem nos est: id est omnibus rebus vincere"

This mail has been sent through the MPI for Demographic Research.  Should you
receive a mail that is apparently from a MPI user without this text displayed,
then the address has most likely been faked. If you are uncertain about the
validity of this message, please check the mail header or ask your system
administrator for assistance.