Dear all,Just wanted to share some extraordinary encounters with a charismatic
coral reef fish we almost lost to extinction: the goliath grouper.We dove a
wreck at night, in southeast Florida during this year's spawning aggregation
season. We were fortunate to have a couple of filmmakers on board who produced
this video, including the text provided in You Tube. The 6.5 minute video is
not addressed to scientists but to the SCUBA diving community. An example of
reaching out beyond academic research.I'm the diver with a yellow bandana
around minute 5.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Ho87oiUo4You can learn more
about goliath groupers in my recent
paperhttp://grouperluna.wordpress.com/2012/10/12/guilt-free-goliath-groupers/Enjoy

Sarah Frias-Torres, Ph.D. Independent ScientistTwitter: @GrouperDocBlog: