Hello Ecologer,

I was wondering if anyone has experience downloading precipitation data
collected from a data logger with an iPad or other tablet. We have several
RainWise RainLog rain gauges in remote areas. Traditionally we have downloaded
the data onto a laptop, but for most other filed data collection activities we
use an iPad. I know that Rain Wise produces a windows mobile version (no longer
supported) of the software for windows mobile
(http://www.rainwise.com/products/detail.php?ID=6821), but there is no
iOS/Android app or push to create one.

I am aware of the following four apps, but he problem with all of them is that
they either do not record precipitation, the data loggers must be in Wi-Fi , or
both.
http://www.acurite.com/aculink
http://www.campbellsci.com/loggerlink
http://fourieredu.com/store/products/milab-ios/#.UbeMoKOweb4
http://www.msr.ch/en/news/MSR145_radio_data_logger_OLED_remote_monitoring.html

The discussion on field data collection on electronic device was helpful, but
did not answer my question.
https://listserv.umd.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1206D&L=ECOLOG-L&P=R2865&I=-3

Apps for field biologist was also a useful, but still does not help me.
http://brunalab.org/apps/

Please, if anyone has experience or suggestions for me, your feedback is much
appreciated. Please reply to dwol...@dbg.org<mailto:dwol...@dbg.org> Thank you.

Dustin Wolkis
Research Assistant
Desert Botanical Garden