Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit abstracts to the following session in
Global Environmental Change at AGU Fall Meeting in San Francisco, 9-13
December 2013.

GC017. Adaptation of Smallholder Farmers to Climate Variability in the
Tropics

Climate change is predicted to negatively impact agricultural productivity
across most of the tropics, where smallholder agriculture is the main
livelihood for the majority of rural populations. Current models may over-
estimate the impact of climate on agricultural production, however, given
that farmers may adapt cropping practices, they are better suited to novel
changes in climate. We invite submissions that examine observations of
climate and agricultural management at local, regional, and national scales,
so that we can identify if there are any commonalities in factors that
enhance the ability of farmers to adapt and reduce their vulnerability to
changing climates.

Conveners:

Meha Jain, Columbia University, mj2...@columbia.edu
Pinki Mondal, Columbia University, pm2...@columbia.edu
Ruth DeFries, Columbia University, rd2...@columbia.edu
Gillian Galford, University of Vermont, gillian.galf...@uvm.edu

Deadline:

All abstract submissions must be received by 6 August 2013.

https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/scientific-program/session-
search/sessions/gc017-adaptation-of-smallholder-farmers-to-climate-
variability-in-the-tropics-2/

We look forward to hearing from you, please contact us if you have any
questions.

Best,
Meha Jain, Pinki Mondal, Ruth DeFries, Gillian Galford