Hello Ecolog friends,

I am looking for volunteers who are willing to take photos of wild
populations of Helianthus annuus (annual sunflower) in America.  The
photo-taking process is easy, non-destructive, and involves taking digital
pictures of flower heads straight on with an ID card and collecting simple
data like GPS coordinates.  Collecting data from a population, including
taking the pictures, should take 10-15 minutes.

Ideally, I am trying to get data from along a large latitudinal gradient;
our lab group is doing some traveling in the Midwest for other research,
but I would like to supplement the range of those pictures if possible.  If
you are interested in helping me and/or know of any wild populations of
Helianthus annuus near you, feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks in advance for any help any of you are willing to offer!

Best,
Nicole Soper Gorden
Postdoctoral Researcher
Project Baseline:  www.baselineseedbank.org