Biologist – Casper, WY

Cardno ENTRIX

Cardno ENTRIX is an environmental and natural resource management consultancy providing a broad suite of services in Water Resources Management, Natural Resources Management, Permitting & Compliance, and Liability Management. Clients turn to Cardno ENTRIX for help navigating complex environmental, natural resource, and business challenges because of our creative problem-solving and the successful track record of our multidisciplinary team.

Cardno ENTRIX is seeking to fill a full-time position for a biologist based in the Casper, WY office. The selected hire will work with a multidisciplinary team of accomplished hydrologists, geologists, archaeologists, engineers and planners on a variety of projects in the Rockies/Northern Plains and the western United States. The majority of the projects will include field and non-field biological investigations for energy, transportation, other infrastructure, and federal and state agency projects.

Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:

> Field and technical participation

> Assisting in report and proposal writing, task management, including final reports and NEPA documents

> Some client and agency contact

> Technical support to various projects

> Research and mapping

Minimum Requirements:

> B.S. degree in biology, field biology, or closely related field is required

> 4 or more years of relevant experience in Rockies/Northern Plains conducting protected species surveys, habitat evaluations, data review and analysis, and drafting reports

> Familiarity with listed species in Rockies/Northern Plains, along with state and federal protected listing regulations

> Strong field assessment skills

> Knowledge and facility with appropriate regional biological references

> Training and experience in identification of threatened and endangered species

> Must have field biology skills, ability to conduct field work, at times for long hours or under strenuous circumstances

> Excellent oral and written communication skills

> Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel

> Must be able to travel to other Cardno ENTRIX offices through the US

> Must have a valid driver’s license

Desired Qualifications:

> M.S. degree in biology or related field

> Minimum 2 years direct experience in environmental consulting

> Experience with federal and state agency coordination on relevant regulations

> Detail focused, resourceful, self-motivated

> Solid time management and follow-through skills, with the ability to simultaneously work on and manage multiple tasks/projects with tight deadlines

> Ability to work well with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced, team oriented work environment

> Ability to participate with professional discretion and judgment in meetings and consultation with review/regulatory agencies

> Positive and energetic attitude

> Flexible and team-oriented

> NEPA, ESA, and CWA hands-on experience preferred

> Bilingual capabilities (Spanish) a plus

* Please note that selected candidates will be required to pass a drug, background and reference screening prior to receiving an offer.

Cardno ENTRIX is an equal opportunity employer

To apply: send resume to <mailto:j...@entrix.com>j...@entrix.com

Peggy Dunkley
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
CARDNO ENTRIX

Phone (+1) 925-935-9920 Fax (+1) 925-935-5368 Direct (+1) 925-988-1256
Address 2300 Clayton Road Suite 200, Concord, CA 94520 USA
Email <mailto:peggy.dunk...@cardno.com>peggy.dunk...@cardno.com Web <http://www.cardno.com>www.cardno.com - www.cardnoentrix.com