Colleagues,

Much of my research is based on Amur honeysuckle, Lonicera maackii. Recently,
I've been questioned regarding the correct authority for this species. I've
seen both (Rupr.) Maxim and (Rupr.) Herder. US government sites seem to all use
(Rupr.) Herder (you'll have to take my word for this, because they are
currently shut down!), as does the International Plant Names Index. Wikipedia
actually has a discussion on this topic and comes down for (Rupr.) Maxim. It
would be great if we could cite Flora of North America, but they haven't gotten
to Caprifoliaceace yet.

Can any of you taxonomically-inclined plant ecologists straighten me out on
this?

Thanks, Rick

================================
Richard L. Boyce, Ph.D.
Director, Environmental Science Program
Professor
Department of Biological Sciences, SC 150
Northern Kentucky University
Nunn Drive
Highland Heights, KY  41099  USA

859-572-1407 (tel.)
859-572-5639 (fax)
boy...@nku.edu<mailto:boy...@nku.edu>
http://www.nku.edu/~boycer/

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries." - A.A. Milne