Considering that there are many more ecology PhDs than jobs in academia, I
thought some subscribers (especially ABDs, postdocs, PhDs on the job hunt) may
be interested in this bootcamp happening this fall in New York City. I have no
connection to it; I just think it sounds like an awesome opportunity! For
ecologists doing data-intensive work, your data skills may be your most
marketable outside of academia, and it sounds like this program would help you
learn how to make that jump.

The Data Incubator is an intensive six-week bootcamp that prepares the best
science and engineering PhDs to work as data scientists and quants. It
identifies fellows who already have the 90% difficult-to-learn skills and
equips them with the last 10%: the tools and technology stack that make them
self-sufficient, productive contributors. The program is free for fellows.
Employers only pay a tuition fee if they successfully hire.

More details here:
http://www.thedataincubator.com/?ch=em&ref=b58321f58e40#program

Cheers,
Carrie Seltzer