Dear ECOLOGgers;

The Ecology & Biodiversity group at the University of Hong Kong (HKU) has an
exciting opportunity to recruit a new member at the rank of Professor. Our
group is nested within the School of Biological Sciences, which consists of 4
strategic research areas. As you will see from the formal announcement below,
this is an open position to be filled by a qualified candidate in ANY of the
four SRAs, including Ecology & Biodiversity. Therefore, we seek candidates who
are looking to capitalize on the opportunity to work in one of the most
ecologically interesting areas in the world and find Hong Kong and Southeast
Asia an exciting venue to stage their science.

We are a dynamic and international group of faculty on a trajectory of rapid
growth. We have hired 6 new faculty members in the last 2 years. In addition to
state of the art facilities in the School of Biological Sciences on HKU’s main
campus, faculty can conduct research at the Swire Institute of Marine Science,
located at the Cape d’Aguilar Marine Reserve, the Kadoorie Institute and Hong
Kong's Global Forest Observatory at Tai Po Kau. We welcome applications from
qualified ecological and evolutionary biologists who will complement our
existing strengths in terrestrial and marine ecology. We especially welcome
candidates who will enrich the diversity of our group.

Interested applicants are welcome to contact any member of our group to discuss
this opportunity further. (http://www.biosch.hku.hk/ecology/staff.htm
<http://www.biosch.hku.hk/ecology/staff.htm>).

Please note, this is an unofficial announcement. The following is the official
announcement from the University:

http://jobs.hku.hk/jd.php?id=201401237 <http://jobs.hku.hk/jd.php?id=201401237>

The School of Biological Sciences at the University of Hong Kong invites
applications for the appointment of Professor with an expected starting date of
July 1, 2015. Candidates from all fields in biological sciences are encouraged
to apply, but must have a strong publication record and must be able to
contribute strongly to one of the following Strategic Research Areas:

Ecology
Endocrinology
Food Safety and Food for Health
Plant Evolution and Adaptation