That was a REALLY INTERESTING read.

I think some aspects of the Swedish defense would scare the bajeezes out of
doctoral candidates. The use of an opponent and the committee members all
from outside your university is very interesting.  IT doesn't sound like,
in the grand scheme of things, that means do much to change the ends.
However, it mentions that in Finland you have to wear tails if your a guy
and a long dress if a woman.  It always amazes me how differently people do
things in different places.  It is a good reminder that when you walk over
the tracks, you might have to adjust because the other side isn't going to
adjust to you! :)

--
Malcolm L. McCallum, PHD, REP
Environmental Studies Program

 “Nothing is more priceless and worthy of preservation than the rich array
of animal life with which our country has been blessed. It is a
many-faceted treasure, of value to scholars, scientists, and nature lovers
alike, and it forms a vital part of the heritage we all share as Americans.”
-President Richard Nixon upon signing the Endangered Species Act of 1973
into law.

"Peer pressure is designed to contain anyone with a sense of drive" - Allan
Nation

1880's: "There's lots of good fish in the sea"  W.S. Gilbert
1990's:  Many fish stocks depleted due to overfishing, habitat loss,
            and pollution.
2000:  Marine reserves, ecosystem restoration, and pollution reduction
          MAY help restore populations.
2022: Soylent Green is People!

The Seven Blunders of the World (Mohandas Gandhi)
Wealth w/o work
Pleasure w/o conscience
Knowledge w/o character
Commerce w/o morality
Science w/o humanity
Worship w/o sacrifice
Politics w/o principle

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not