Good morning folks. I was hoping I might get some feedback regarding
potential remote sensing software packages that are A) Robust, and B) open
source (or affordable). We are currently using ERDAS, however as we are a
smaller university, the licensing fees are pretty significant. I have
looked at SAGA GIS, QGIS, and a few others but am curious about any
feedback you might have regarding these or other packages. Ideally, we
would like something that has similar functionality for processing and
analysis that ERDAS or ENVI has (e.g. PCA, classification, segmentation,
etc).

Regards,

Dave

David Kramar, PhD.