Dear Ecolog-Listers

When authors send me papers for publication, I try to remember to remind
them to ask permission to reproduce images from the owner of the copyright.
Whether non-human or human entities, an email is generally all it takes to
say "yes". Yet, sometimes money needs to be transacted.

My question is, if the money involved is too much, how different does the
new image have to be to be considered as "different" from the previously
published one and be free from the concerns of copyright violations.

Your anecdotes (whether personal or from someone else) as well as
constructive suggestions,will be welcomed. Please send them to

blayjo...@gmail.com

Apologies for potential duplicate emails.

Sincerely,

Jorge

Jorge A. Santiago-Blay, PhD
blaypublishers.com

1. Positive experiences for authors of papers published in *LEB*
http://blaypublishers.com/testimonials/

2. Free examples of papers published in *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/category/previous-issues/.

3. *Guidelines for Authors* and page charges of *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/archives/ *.*