Tenure-­track Faculty Position in Terrestrial Ecology
Simon Fraser University

Vancouver Area, British Columbia, Canada

The Department of Biological Sciences invites applications for a
tenure-track (Assistant Professor) position in Terrestrial Ecology. We are
most interested in candidates whose research is at the population level with
strong quantitative or modelling skills. Expertise can be in any group of
organisms.

The successful candidate will build a research program that complements and
contributes to our strengths in terrestrial and aquatic ecology and
conservation, behavioural ecology, pest management, and organic evolution.
We value collaborative interactions within and across departments and
faculties on campus and beyond its borders. We expect the successful
candidate to contribute to graduate training, teach graduate and
undergraduate courses in ecology and population dynamics, and participate in
our collegial governance model.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and
Permanent Residents of Canada will be given priority. Simon Fraser
University, located in the greater Vancouver area, is committed to an equity
employment program that includes special measures to achieve diversity among
its faculty and staff. We particularly encourage applications from qualified
women, aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, and members of
visible minorities. Highly qualified applicants may be considered for a
Canada Research Chair: http://www.chairs-chaires.gc.ca/

Candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, concise research
statement including how their program would contribute to research strengths
at SFU, and a 1-page statement of teaching experience and philosophy. All
application materials should be prepared in advance as a single file in a
portable document format (PDF, ~3MB Maximum size), then submitted via an
online application form. Applications received by November 2 will be given
priority. Short-listed candidates will be contacted in mid-November to have
three letters of recommendation forwarded to us. Departmental contact: Dr.
Elizabeth Elle, Chair, Department of Biological Sciences, Simon Fraser
University, Burnaby, BC, V5A 1S6 [bisc...@sfu.ca].