Two weeks left before registration closes for our January 2016 field courses
in India and Peru.

COURSE DESCRIPTION

Field Projects International (FPI) courses are organized around several
discrete modules in the fields of tropical biology and primatology. At the
start of the course, students begin by learning basic orienteering and
navigation skills, while becoming familiar with safety and ethics concerning
living and working in the rainforests of Peru and India. Then, accompanied
by assigned literature (primary research conducted in the area or at the
site itself), the course leads students through a diverse range of topics,
including ornithology, primatology, herpetology, entomology, mammalogy, and
botany. Along the way, students receive training in a variety of practical
skills, such as behavioral observation, radio telemetry, recording and
manipulating spatial data, tree-climbing, and animal handling. Finally, we
stress at each stage the importance of considering the conservation of this
special habitat, and the impact we have on it.

OTHER COURSE ACTIVITIES

Along the way, participants will undergo a variety of experiences: boat
trips, mountain top hikes, exploration of ox-bow lakes, lifting prints from
pug-marks, night hikes, a visit to a mammal clay lick, safari rides into
abutting national parks, and/or climbing a canopy tower.

COURSE DATES

January 1 – January 14, 2016

COURSE OPTIONS

1.) India: Fringe Ford Field Station
2.) Peru: Los Amigos Field Station

*Registration Deadline: November 27, 2015.

ELIGIBILITY

There are a few simple requirements to determine eligibility for this course:

--You must be at least 18 years of age at the time of the course.
--You must have medical insurance, and provide proof of such insurance to us
to complete your reservation.
--We have no citizenship requirements. Anyone is welcome to apply. You must
obtain visas independently if necessary.
--You do not need any training in biology or primatology: our course is
structured to accommodate people from a variety of backgrounds.
--Courses have a maximum capacity of 20 participants. If you are concerned
that you will lose your spot, please contact us to confirm how many spots we
have left.

APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS

--Visit course webpage here: https://fieldprojects.org/participate/courses-2/
--Read about our courses on tropical biology:
https://fieldprojects.org/participate/courses-2/courses/tropical-biology-and-primatology/
--India course details:
https://fieldprojects.org/course/india-tropical-biology-and-primatology-january-2016/
-- Peru course details:
https://fieldprojects.org/course/peru-tropical-biology-and-primatology-january-2016/
--Submit a registration form here:
https://fieldprojects.org/participate/applications/

TAKE THE COURSE FOR CREDIT

Both sessions of the course are being offered for 3 credits via Washington
University in Saint Louis, cross-registered in the biology and anthropology
departments. Sign up directly with University College – note: cost per
credit is extra.

COSTS

--The course costs $1950, and does not include personal travel to Puerto
Maldonado, Peru or Bangalore, India
--When you apply, you will be asked to pay a fee of $400 to reserve your
place in the course
--The remaining amount is due by the application deadline of November 27, 2015.

SCHOLARSHIPS

This year we are offering scholarships to students from a variety of
targeted groups including:
- students from the Madre de Dios Department of Peru
- students from the entire country of Peru
- students from the state of Kerala
- students from India only
- students from under-developed countries (see online for a country list)
- students from the rest of the world (see online for a country list)
View them here: https://fieldprojects.org/participate/courses-2/scholarships/

*For any questions, please contact ad...@fieldprojects.org