Dear Colleagues,

First of all, apologies for cross-posting.

Abstract submission for the European Geosciences Union (EGU) General Assembly
2016 (17th-22nd April 2016, Vienna, Austria) is now open. We would like to
invite you to submit an abstract to our session:

________________________________
BG2.9
Functional responses of trees and forests to environmental stress:
ecophysiological and dendroecological approaches

Understanding how trees cope with environmental stress is paramount to predict
forest dynamics and composition under global change. Drought, heat and cold
stresses constrain tree functioning and global change is already driving tree
functional responses to changing hydroclimatic conditions. Ecophysiological
from the organ to the whole-plant levels. Dendroeocology and wood anatomy
studies provide a longer-term perspective on radial growth history and its
drivers, allowing us to infer legacy effects of chronic and episodic stresses,
including climate-driven changes in xylem and phloem properties influencing
transport of water and sugars within the plant.
This session focuses on experimental and model-data integration studies of tree
functioning under environmental stress. We specially welcome studies using one
or more of the following instrumental techniques: (i) gas exchange, (ii) tree
hydraulics and sap flow, (iii) automatic dendrometers, (iv) dendrochronology
and (v) quantitative wood anatomy.

Convener: Rafael Poyatos López
<http://www.creaf.cat/en/personal/rafael-poyatos-lopez>http://www.creaf.cat/en/personal/rafael-poyatos-lopez

Co-Conveners:
Ute Sass-Klaassen,
<https://www.wageningenur.nl/es/Persons/dr.-UGW-Ute-SassKlaassen.htm>
https://www.wageningenur.nl/es/Persons/dr.-UGW-Ute-SassKlaassen.htm
Kathy Steppe, <http://www.plantecology.ugent.be/people.shtml>
http://www.plantecology.ugent.be/people.shtml
Georg von Arx, <http://www.wsl.ch/info/mitarbeitende/vonarx/index_EN>
http://www.wsl.ch/info/mitarbeitende/vonarx/index_EN
________________________________

  *   For up-to-date session information:

<http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2016/session/21878>http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2016/session/21878

  *   Detailed information on how to submit an abstract can be found at:

<http://egu2016.eu//abstract_management/how_to_submit_an_abstract.html>http://egu2016.eu//abstract_management/how_to_submit_an_abstract.html

  *   The deadline for the receipt of abstracts is 13 Jan 2016, 13:00 CET. In
case you would like to apply for support, please submit no later than 01 Dec
2015; see below for more information on financial support:

<http://egu2016.eu/support_and_destinction.html>http://egu2016.eu/support_and_destinction.html

  *   Further information about the EGU General Assembly 2016 can be found at:

EGU web <http://egu2016.eu/> http://egu2016.eu/
EGU blog <http://geolog.egu.eu/> http://geolog.egu.eu/
EGU on Twitter <https://twitter.com/EuroGeosciences>
https://twitter.com/EuroGeosciences #EGU16