Hi all,

Just throwing this out there - "botanist" and "zoologist" imply to me that
one claiming the title is familiar with the full range of taxa within their
domain. I call myself a "fish ecologist" instead of an "ichthyologist"
because while I know some species very well, I wouldn't claim to know them
all - even at a family level.

Chris K. Elvidge, PhD
NSERC Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Department of Biology