Staff Biologist

WestLand Resources Inc. is actively seeking an experienced staff biologist
to support our environmental consulting practice. WestLand’s environmental
consulting practice specializes in the technical and procedural requirements
necessary for compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA),
the Clean Water Act, and the Endangered Species Act. Our biological
resources practice includes: development of natural resources management
plans; conducting ecological investigations and baseline studies; and
mitigation planning, design and implementation. The successful candidate for
the position of Staff Biologist may be in the field 15% or more of the time,
depending on client needs.

Responsibilities:

The Staff Biologist will be expected to contribute to project planning,
manage and train field crew on sampling and survey techniques, lead
biological field studies, manage, analyze and interpret data and statistical
analysis, and to provide assistance for the development of conservation and
mitigation measures for potential adverse impacts to biological resources.
The Staff Biologist is expected to write reports in an efficient and
effective manner while working closely with the Senior Biological/Natural
Resources Lead, project managers, and other team members.

Required, Education, Skills and Experience:

•M.S. or higher degree in biology/ecology or related field. A Bachelor’s
degree with additional experience may be considered.

•Expertise in one or more discipline such as vertebrate zoology, botany, or
aquatic biology, etc. through coursework or experience

•Excellent writing and oral communication ability

•5+ years experience and demonstrated ability working in biological
resource surveys, inventories and analyses strongly preferred.

•Ability to navigate physically in a desert environment, exposed to extreme
temperatures and rough terrain.

•Experience in the southwestern United States preferred

WestLand prides itself on providing a work environment that is relaxed and
collaborative, while supporting the highest standards for project delivery
and work product quality.  Our team approach to both project and staff
development naturally fosters a tight-knit environment of uniquely skilled
and experienced professionals, learning from and helping one another.
Westland is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be
an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite applications from all interested
parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
 We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance
abuse testing.

WestLand provides growth potential, professional development opportunities,
and competitive compensation. Please visit the Careers tab on the WestLand
Resources website (www.westlandresources.com) to apply
.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability