*Dear Friends,*

We are launching several education programs at *our Education Center
Conservation* *and Sustainable Development* at the Amazon of Peru.

You can know more about our programs by checking our website
http://www.cds-peru.org/#!programs/cj09

Do not miss the chance to participate in our programs!!

The *Education Center on Conservation and Sustainable Development
<http://www.cds-peru.org/>* (CDS) began in 2011 as an initiative of the *Centro
Neotropical de Entrenamiento en Humedales – Perú
<http://www.centroneotropicalperu.org/index.html>* to facilitate and
implement the goals of education, training, and research in different
aspects of conservation and sustainable development. It is situated in the
buffer zone of the Yanachaga Chemillén National Park in Oxapampa Province,
which includes the Oxapampa Ashaninka Yanesha Biosphere Reserve.

Our Education programs

**Amazon Cloud Forest Sustainability Internship Program*

This internship program is suitable for participants looking for a real
experience with local communities and environmental problems due to human
impact. This expedition covers wide topics such as riparian forest
restoration, organic cultivation, water treatment and water quality. The
program is ideal for students in biology, ecology, environmental science or
related fields. Students of sustainable development, Latin American
studies, or international relations will find this program relevant to
their degree as well. Anyone looking to improve their Spanish language
skills will have the opportunity through this project as well. The program
is structured like an internship, so it is a great resume builder! For more
information click here
<http://www.cds-peru.org/#!sustainable-development-internship/yocnc>

**Amazon Cloud Forest Research Internship Program*

This internship program is suitable for participants looking for a research
experience at the Amazon cloud forest of Peru. The participant will design
and develop a basic or applied research project to produce relevant
information for natural resources conservation and management in Amazonian
cloud forests. Specific topics for each research will be coordinated
between participants and supervisors. The participant will learn/apply the
scientific method to develop a project including the objectives and
hypothesis that will be designed by the participant. She/he will also
define activities to develop and a work schedule for executing the
research. Students of biology, ecology, zoology, environmental studies and
others will find this program relevant to their degree as well. Anyone
looking to improve their Spanish language skills will have the opportunity
through this project as well. The program is structured like an internship,
so it is a great resume builder! For more information click here
<http://www.cds-peru.org/#!research-internship-program/lvunz>

**Experience in the field Program*

This program is suitable for participants looking for a practice experience
in the field. We bring the opportunity to participants to apply and improve
their knowledge, abilities and skills in a conservation or sustainable
development project, based on their fields of interest. During their
activities the participants will receive professional supervision in order
to achieve the proposed goals. At the end of the program, the participant
will produce a poster (English/Spanish) or a power presentation about the
project. The minimum length of this program is 2 months and it can be
developed from March to December. For more information click here
<http://www.cds-peru.org/#!experiences-in-the-field/y6fze>

**Intercultural Program*

This program allows our participants to get to know some of our projects
and help with the development/maintenance of them. At the same time, we
create an intercultural experience with participants from all over the
world. The program is ideal for those who want to learn about conservation,
environmental science, or related fields. This experience covers a wide
range of topics, such as riparian forest restoration, organic cultivation,
and waste treatment. Participants work for a week in each project. For more
information click here
<http://www.cds-peru.org/#!intercultural-program/c15h6>

Questions about our programs and/or the application process can be made to:
Florencia Trama at *ftr...@centroneotropical.org
<ftr...@centroneotropical.org?is_application_link=y>* or
*infocds.p...@gmail.com
<infocds.p...@gmail.com?is_application_link=y>*

Anjali Kumar, Ph.D.
AAAS Science and Technology Policy Fellow
Washington, DC
kumar.a...@gmail.com