penalized maximum likelihood estimation with optimization (L-BFGS). You can
use with R, Python, Julia and more.

When:
Saturday, January 21, 2017

Where:
Davis Auditorium, Columbia University

530 West 120th Street

4th floor (campus level), room 412

New York, NY 10027

Registration:
Registration will open at the end of September.

Early registration (on or before December 20, 2016):

Student: $50
Academic: $100
Industry: $200
This will include coffee, lunch, and some swag.

Late Registration (December 21, 2016 and on):

Student: $75
Academic: $150
Industry: $300
This will include coffee and lunch.

Contributed talks:
We’re looking for contributed talks. We will start accepting submissions at
the end of September.

The contributed talks at StanCon will be based on interactive,
self-contained notebooks, such as knitr or Jupyter, that will also take the
place of proceedings. For example, you might demonstrate a novel modeling
technique or a simplified version of a novel application. Each submission
should include the notebook and separate files containing the Stan program,
data, initializations if used, and a permissive license for everything such
as CC BY 4.0.

More info here: http://mc-stan.org/events/stancon.html or feel free to send
me an email with any questions.

~Lizzie