University of Pennsylvania: Tenure-Track Position in Animal Behavior

The Department of Biology at University of Pennsylvania invites applicants
for a tenure-track position in Animal Behavior at the level of Assistant
Professor.  We are especially interested in integrative research that
explores animal behavior in a natural context. We will consider all types
of behaviors and animal models, but we have a particular interest in
behaviors that include a social, interactive component. The anticipated
start date for this position is July 2018.

Penn’s Department of Biology has a long-standing tradition of
maintaining an integrated research and educational program across all
basic biological sciences, including Molecular and Cellular Biology,
Microbiology, Neuroscience, Animal Behavior, Genomics, Ecology and
Evolution, and Plant Sciences. The Department values interdisciplinary
research, collaboration, and collegiality, with a vision that emphasizes
“Life in its Natural Context”.

Candidates are expected to have demonstrated excellence and
productivity in research and to participate in undergraduate and
graduate teaching. Interested candidates should submit materials through
http://facultysearches.provost.upenn.edu/postings/957 and include a
curriculum vitae, concise statements of research and teaching interests,
a short annotated description of up to five publications, and the name
and contact information of at least three referees. Recommenders will
be contacted by the University with instructions on how to submit a
letter to the website. Review of applicants will begin November 7,
2016 and continue until the position is filled.

The Department of Biology is strongly committed to Penn’s
Action Plan for Faculty Diversity and Excellence and to
creating a more diverse faculty (for more information see:
http://www.upenn.edu/almanac/volumes/v58/n02/diversityplan.html). The
University of Pennsylvania is an equal opportunity
employers. Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected
Veterans are encouraged to apply.