Lab Technician in Conservation Genomics Lab

 The Meek Lab at Michigan State University is looking to hire a highly
motivated lab technician. The lab uses field collections and experiments,
combined with next-generation sequencing data, to address fundamental
ecological questions that are highly relevant to the conservation and
management of species. We primarily work in aquatic systems. We are looking for
an enthusiastic and responsible individual to join our team. This will be a
full time position. Primary duties will include:

      1.     Conducting molecular lab work, such as sample processing, DNA and
RNA extractions, PCR, and preparing sequencing libraries

      2.     Ordering equipment and supplies for the lab

      3.     Lab supply and equipment maintenance and organization

      4.     Creating and curating a database to organize lab samples

      5.     Training and coordinating lab work of fellow lab members and
visiting scholars

      6.     Conducting literature reviews on various topics related to
conservation, genetics, fisheries, ecology, and evolution

      7.     Maintaining lab web site

      8.     Assisting with field work, as needed

Qualifications:

Applicants should have a Bachelors of Science in ecology, evolution, genetics,
or related field, with a preference given to those with a Master’s degree.
Applicants should also have extensive experience conducting molecular lab work,
including DNA extractions and PCR.

*How to apply*

Application review will begin November 15. Please feel free to email before
applying to start a conversation. Interested candidates should read about the
work we do at http://meeklab.com <http://meeklab.com/> and email Mariah Meek
(mhm...@msu.edu <mailto:meekm...@msu.edu>) with the following:

0)”Prospective lab tech” in the email subject

1) Brief cover letter describing research and lab work experience and career
goals

2) CV

3) Names and email addresses for 3 references

Mariah Meek, PhD
Assistant Professor
Department of Integrative Biology
Michigan State University