From: Ecological Society of America: grants, jobs, news
[mailto:ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU] On Behalf Of Judith S. Weis
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2016 8:06 AM
To: ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU
Subject: Re: [ECOLOG-L] pressures of a scientific career

That may be the case, David, but I can think of two factors that may alter

it:

1. more and more ecologists spending all their time indoors in front of a
computer screen rather than in nature 2. attitudes and pressures from dept.
chairs/deans etc. who may value molecular/cell biologists more highly because
they bring in more money.

Judy