WRA, Inc. is an environmental consulting firm headquartered in San
Rafael, California, with offices in Emeryville, San Diego, Fort Bragg,
and Denver, Colorado.  For more than 35 years, WRA has provided
outstanding ecological and design expertise to develop successful
solutions for our clients.  We employ experts in the fields of plant,
wildlife, and wetland ecology, GIS, CEQA/NEPA, mitigation banking, and
landscape architecture.

We are looking for an energetic, career-minded wildlife biologist to
join us on a full-time basis at either our San Rafael or Emeryville
office.  Sound technical knowledge and the ability to work both
independently and with a small team are required.  Periodic travel is a
requirement of the position.  We are seeking someone experienced in
California ecosystems, regulatory permitting, and surveys for wildlife
species.  Applicants holding active recovery permits and/or MOU’s for
one or more taxa will be preferred.  This position will be varied and
may include habitat evaluation and mapping, special-status species
surveys, environmental compliance (CEQA, permitting), mitigation and
conservation planning and monitoring, data/statistical analyses, and
technical report writing.  Experience in these areas is preferred, but
not required.

This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher in biology with an
emphasis in wildlife; demonstrated experience is preferred.  Desired
qualifications include: education and experience in habitat evaluation
and monitoring, wildlife species identification experience,
environmental impact analysis, permit preparation, regulatory
compliance, and impact and mitigation analysis.  Demonstrable technical
writing ability and excellent communication skills are essential.

We offer an excellent salary and benefits package and a positive,
progressive work environment.  Our employment package includes medical,
dental, and 401K with generous match.  More information about WRA and
our areas of expertise can be found at http://www.wra-ca.com.

Interested candidates should respond by e-mailing your employment
application (found on our website), cover letter, resume, unofficial
transcripts, and three references to care...@wra-ca.com and reference
“Wildlife Technician.”  Please also reference where you heard about the
position.  WRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.  Women and minorities
are strongly encouraged to apply.  Close date for submission of
application materials is March 15, 2017.  Please, no calls.