Using Turnitin in science classes

Dear Colleagues:

Finally, I have decided to begin using Turnitin in some of my science
classes, including environmental sciences. As a beginning user of Turnitin,
I have received valuable feedback on some of the technical settings.
However, I have not received feedback on what I considered to be areas
where the proverbial rubber meets the road (listed below):

1. How long a string of words do you allow to be OK.? I was suggested 8
words (no scientific rationale behind that was provided).

2. What percentage of similarity is considered to be enough to trigger
reporting a work to the superiors for "dishonesty" (or whatever it is
called in your schools; after checking with the filters, etc.)

3. Any sliding scale for smaller "offenses" re. percentage of similarity

If you have something constructive to communicate pertaining what do you do
in your courses or what is the policy at your institution, please, feel
free to email me directly:

blayjo...@gmail.com

Apologies for potential duplicate emails.

Sincerely,

Jorge

Jorge A. Santiago-Blay, PhD
blaypublishers.com

1. Positive experiences for authors of papers published in *LEB*
http://blaypublishers.com/testimonials/

2. Free examples of papers published in *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/category/previous-issues/.

3. *Guidelines for Authors* and page charges of *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/archives/ *.*