I am seeking a post-doctoral fellow with expertise in theoretical ecology for
an exciting
collaborative project modelling the effects of temporal environmental variance
on the
diversity of ecological communities. The project will involve a combination of
mathematical work, computer simulations, and data analysis. The ideal candidate
will
have experience with analysis of dynamical systems and Markov chain models.

The project is funded by a collaborative grant between the National Research
Foundation
of Singapore and the Israeli Science Foundation. The Singapore Principal
Investigator is
me (Ryan Chisholm, National University of Singapore) and the Israeli Principal
Investigator
is Nadav Shnerb (Bar-Ilan University). The post-doctoral fellow will be based
in Singapore
but will travel to Israel for collaborations.

Singapore is a dynamic, tropical, multicultural, highly developed city state
with great food
in the heart of Southeast Asia. The National University of Singapore is
consistently ranked
among the world’s top universities, and our lab in the Department of Biological
Sciences
is a thriving lab with high research output.

Salary will be competitive with international post-doc salaries. Start date is
flexible but
ideally before the end of 2018.

To apply, please send a CV and cover letter describing research interests to
ryan.c...@gmail.com.