The Glaberman Lab is looking for two graduate students to perform research
on ecotoxicology as part of the Masters in Environmental Toxicology Program
(ETOX) at the University of South Alabama (USA).  This is a two-year program
that combines coursework and a thesis research experience. We are looking
for students to work on each of the following general projects:

(1)     Computational ecotoxicology: the student will focus on looking at the
genetic and protein basis for understanding differences in species
sensitivity to chemicals. This project combines examination of molecular
biology data and bioinformatics with available information on chemical
toxicity. Experience with statistical software (e.g. R) or bioinformatics
tools (e.g., BLAST) is a plus.

(2)     Nematode ecotoxicology: the student will help develop our new toxicity
testing system in nematodes. This includes performing nematode husbandry and
designing toxicity testing procedures. The project will focus initially on
looking at effects of neurotoxic pesticides on nematode behavior, survival,
and reproduction. The goal is to build an improved system for examining
effects of chemicals on soil health.

The deadline to apply to the MS program for Fall 2018 is July 15th, so
prospective students should contact me at least several weeks in advance.
Students have the ability to earn an assistantship and stipend and serve as
teaching assistant for extra money. More information on USA’s ETOX program
can be found at:
http://southalabama.edu/graduatemajors/etox/

The Glaberman Lab is based in the Department of Biology at the University of
South Alabama. We specialize in applying evolutionary biology approaches to
ecotoxicology. More information on Dr. Glaberman’s laboratory can be found at:
http://scottglaberman.com

The University of South Alabama is located in Mobile, Alabama on the Gulf
Coast. Mobile is a short drive from beautiful beaches and wildlife viewing
spots and its Mardis Gras is the oldest Carnival celebration in the US.

If you are interested in these MS positions or have any questions, please
contact Dr. Scott Glaberman (scottglaber...@southalabama.edu).