Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to participate in our session at AGU focused on
Carbon-Climate Feedbacks in the Earth System:

Session Title:
Carbon feedbacks in Earth's climate system: beyond emergent patterns and
towards mechanistic processes to reduce future climate uncertainty
Session Description:
Carbon cycle processes have been greatly improved in Earth System Models;
however, they remain a critical source of uncertainty in climate predictions.
This is due in part to complex biogeochemical and physical processes that
control surface fluxes of CO2 and CH4 that are sensitive to global change. Thus
poorly constrained carbon cycle processes and their sensitivities to global
change can lead to large uncertainties in predicting the fate of massive
amounts of carbon in land and ocean reservoirs.  However, an ever-expanding
network of atmospheric and ocean measurements, and satellite observations
allows carbon cycle processes to be resolved at unprecedented scales.
Identifying critical ocean and land carbon cycle processes and their climate
sensitivities is vital for improving future climate predictions.  We welcome
submissions from the ocean, land, and atmospheric communities that bring
together observations and simulations to provide new insights on carbon fluxes
and turnover times to constrain climate-carbon feedbacks.
Session ID: 52563

We hope to bring together researchers from different disciplines to gain new
insight.

Thanks for your consideration and see you in DC!

Ashley Ballantyne
Ben Poulter
Laure Resplandy
Abhishek Chaterjee