Dear Colleagues,

We would like to bring our AGU session (B070) to your attention. If you have done research on soil carbon dynamics and/or impacts of land use and management on soil carbon recently, please consider to submit an abstract to our session.

*Session ID:* 48363
*Session Title:* B070. Soil carbon dynamics and impacts of land use and management
*Section/Focus Group:* Biogeosciences
*View Session Details: *https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/48363

         Session Description:

Soils act as both sources and sinks for the atmospheric CO2 and thus play an important role in the global carbon cycle. On the one hand, soil can accumulate and store a large amount of organic (SOC) and inorganic carbon (SIC). On the other hand, SOC is subject to decomposition and SIC to dissolution, which produces CO2 that may be released into the atmosphere. However, our understanding is limited in terms of the transformation/transfer of various carbon pools. Land use and management can alter soil physical and chemical conditions, which affects the carbon cycling in soil profile. This session provides a forum for discussions of the following topics: (1) dynamics of various soil carbon pools/stocks under different land uses and managements, and (2) transformation/transfer of SOC, SIC and other carbon forms in major terrestrial ecosystems over different time scales. Both observation and modeling studies are welcome.

Primary Convener: Xiujun Wang, Beijing Normal University
Conveners: Jingfeng Xiao, University of New Hampshire
                  Xiaohong Tian, Northwest A&F University
                  Yiping Wu, Xi'an Jiaotong University

The deadline for abstract submission is August 1, 2018. We look forward to meeting you at AGU.

Jingfeng, Xiujun, Xiaohong, Yiping

--
Jingfeng Xiao, PhD
Earth Systems Research Center

Email:j.x...@unh.edu
URL:http://globalecology.unh.edu
Tel: (603) 862-1873; Fax: (603) 862-0188