The Gibson lab in the Biology Department at the University of Virginia
is hiring a research technician to help in lab management and research.

The lab studies parasites as drivers of evolutionary change in wild,
artificial, and agricultural systems. To test evolutionary and
ecological hypotheses, we synthesize data from field observations and
experimental manipulations, with guidance from theoretical models and
experimental evolution. Our current study organisms include the free-
living nematode Caenorhabditis elegans and its natural parasites, plus
plant-parasitic nematodes of the genus Meloidogyne and their bacterial
parasite Pasteuria penetrans. The person in this position will be
responsible for assisting with the lab's research projects by conducting
experiments and field collections, coordinating team members, and
collecting and analyzing data. This person will also manage the day-to-
day operations of the lab by maintaining host populations, training and
managing undergraduate researchers, ensuring compliance with
environmental safety standards, and maintaining protocols, lab supplies,
and equipment. Start date: January 2019.

Visit the complete posting (#0623982) on Jobs@UVA at:
jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=85424

Contact Ashley Cochran at alc...@virginia.edu with questions

------------------------------------
Amanda Kyle Gibson, Ph.D.
https://amandakylegibson.wordpress.com/